Saturday, November 16, 2013

Thing 23-I finished!

1.            What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I enjoyed learning about RSS feeds and also learning about Twitter.  I also enjoyed using online icons.
2.            How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
The most important thing is that I learned so much and I know that there is so much more to learn.  I need to keep all this information organized so that it does not become overwhelming.  I think a Livebinder will help a lot.  I feel better prepared for a future librarian job.
3.            Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Well, I was surprised when some links no longer existed.  I am reminded that technology is always being updated and changed and that I must be constantly vigilant for new ideas and methods and not become dependent on specific technologies.

4.            What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I think that a couple of the “things” were redundant especially in regard to RSS Feeds.  Maybe new “things” could take their place?  Also, it might be better to allow multiple sites for a concept.  For example, instead of just Flickr, why not offer Shutterfly or Snapfish or Instagram?
5.            If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
Yes I would since technology is constantly changing.  I cannot and will not rest on my current knowledge.  That would be completely against my personal philosophy of “lifelong curiosity and learning”.
6.            How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?

The one word I would choose is Informative!

No comments:

Post a Comment