Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thing 20-Recess

There are so many things that I have learned and will definitely spend more time with such as Twitter and RSS feeds.  However, I wanted to find even more interesting and useful things so I explored the electronic resources in the Livebinder created by Melissa Rippy.

 I found Watchknow.org that gives access to many, many educational videos. I will have to check this out at school since YouTube and SchoolTube is currently blocked at my school.  Maybe this will be a good substitute for now and a good addition when we do get YouTube access.

I enjoyed visiting Photopeach.org.  This is a site which helps you create fun slideshows.  What makes it special is that you can add quizzes to it to make the slideshow more interactive.  I really like that!

I really liked biblionasium.com.  I am so excited to work with this more fully.  I plan to share with my colleagues who may or may not already know about this site.  It is basically "Goodreads" for kids.  There are a lot of safety controls there and parents can get involved as well.  It has won many awards and is praised by "gurus" we know such as Shannon Miller.

I also enjoyed visiting Popplet.com  It is like a scrapbooking site but you can also add mind mapping graphics.  I can see students using this to present on a specific topic for practically any content area.

I have been playing around with Voki.com.  This site allows you to create your own avatar.  I see this using this on my class website to announce an upcoming event or to celebrate milestones.


No comments:

Post a Comment