Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thing 22-It's My Turn...

I have two things to share that I think should be on the 23 Things.  First is Pinterest.  This pinboard site allows you to collect images of favorite things and pin them to theme boards of your creation.  There are still people who have never used Pinterest and would really get into "collecting" ideas and pictures of hobbies, recipes, beauty, baby care and much much more.  However, as a teacher, I have found it very useful over the past couple of years in collecting ideas for the classroom both in lessons and book ideas and display ideas.  Furthermore, you can invite people to pin to your board(s) so that you are working together to share ideas on any given concept.  This is so useful for team planning and brainstorming.

Another useful concept is using curation sites.  I prefer Scoop It.  I began using it last year when I was looking for articles on Library Design.  It was so great to have this resource.  Articles were presented that fit my request and then I could save it to my Library Design topic page.  It is so easy and my desired articles are always at my fingertips.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Pinterest definitely needs to be on 23 Things! I find so many great ideas there for home and school. I have used several of them this year in the library- subway art, lesson ideas, videos, etc. Great suggestion!

    ReplyDelete