Saturday, November 9, 2013

Thing 19-Mashups

Green is Happy

Here is a widget of my Photo Mosaic called Green Is Happy.

I was a little confused just at first when I clicked on Mosaic Maker and it took me to Big Huge Labs but then I remembered… Oh yeah, that is the point of mashups-taking features from one web application and blending it with another.  Duh!  !  It is fun to do and quite easy.  I used photos I found in the Commons on Flickr and saved them to my photo stream.  From there, I was directed to allow Big Huge Labs permission to use my photos and then I created the mosaic.  It is nice because you can make the mosaic as small or as large as you want based on number of columns and rows.  You can even choose from seven different layouts.  It can look more like a scrapbook page.

This could be really fun for Library Nights.  You can add the photos of the visitors and activities and post in on the school website.  You could also post author photos as your kids get to know them and watch the mosaic grow!  Another idea would be to include book cover photos based on color.  A rainbow of book covers!

No comments:

Post a Comment